For all categories apart from Outstanding Employer
Top 10s Announced
Announced in major press, social media and online.
Public Voting Closes
Get your votes in to determine the public winners
Winners announced @Marriot Grosvenor Square, London
Nominations are open on all categories from 25 March 2022. After the nominations are closed, the Top 10 lists are taken from the nominees. These are decided on the merit of the nominations based on an internal points system, with a consideration made for a balance of companies represented as well as a diverse mix of gender identities, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.
The Top 10s will be announced to the mainstream press and general public on 26 July 2022 and via our social media platforms.
The Business Category Top 10s are then asked for additional criteria and evidence, which is sent to an independent judging panel who determines the winner of each category without any input by SPM Group Ltd.
The Celebrity Category Top 10s are then voted for by the public, with the winners of all categories being announced at our Awards Ceremony on 27 October 2022.
This category celebrates those who have used their online following to speak up about issues affecting Black, Asian, and Ethnic Minority communities.
This category recognises Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority celebrities who have been visible role models, furthering equality or creating positive outcomes for the Ethnic Minority community.
Media Progress Moment
This award recognises an act of significance for Black, Asian or Ethnic Minority communities, which has taken place either in the media, from factual events witnessed on the news or in print, or in fiction, on stage film TV or radio.
This category is for your favourite music artists who have advocated for the Ethnicity Agenda and have worked hard to bring these issues to light either via their music, or their following.
This category is for a sports personality who has proven to be a strong advocate for diversity and representation both in their sport, and within wider society.
Presenter, Journalist, or Host
This category recognises an individual who has delivered content on screen, in print or in the news. Their work will have had an impact on the public’s view of Black, Asian or Ethnic Minority people.
Charity or Community Initiative
This category is for a charity or community initiative that has changed or continues to change the lives of Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority people in the UK and beyond.
Outstanding Contribution to Communities
This category celebrates everyone from influencers to activists who have made an impact either at a grass roots level or as part of a wider initiative to create positive change for both individuals and communities.
This award will go to an individual that identifies as Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic, who has shown great future potential within their career and field of work. The future leader will be between the beginning to middle of their career, and will be able to show that they are keen to role model leadership qualities. Additionally the future leader will be able to demonstrate that they have contributed to furthering the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic inclusion agenda within their workplace. This individual must be able to show evidence of raising the profile or pushing the boundaries of the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic inclusion agenda within the last 12 months.
We are looking for allies that are passionately committed to promoting equality and speaking out against Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic discrimination. The individual should not come from a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic background and have used their position of privilege to support and actively participate as an ally in Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic initiatives in their own company and the wider world within the last 12 months.
Network Group (ERG or BRG)
We are looking for both new and established network groups that can demonstrate that they are active, innovative and supportive of their Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff, and can demonstrate they have gone above and beyond in helping to positively impact the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic agenda over the last 12 months. Judges will be measuring the value of the network group’s initiatives relative to their maturity and company size.
The Workplace Hero award will go to a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic diversity champion who has pushed the boundaries when it comes to Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic inclusion within their company and beyond. The nominees will be at any stage of their career and go over and above their day job to ensure that Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic inclusion and wider diversity initiatives are at the core of everything they do. They should be able to provide examples within the last 12 months.
This award will be given to a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic business leader (specifically someone in a Senior Management role) who has used their influence to effect positive change for Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic inclusion. The judges will look for evidence within the last 12 months that the inspirational leader has been a role model and has had a wide influence on their workplace and beyond. You can enter yourself, a colleague within your organisation, or an individual from another organisation.
This award will be given to a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic person who works within the diversity, inclusion, and/or HR sector. The winner of this award will go above and beyond to ensure the initiatives they implement or oversee create lasting change. They should be able to provide examples within the last 12 months.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entries for the Ethnicity Awards 2022 (the “Awards”) are open to those who are part of, work with, or support the ethnicity agenda..
- Employees or agencies of the Ethnicity Awards, its umbrella company (“SPM Group”) or their family members, may not enter the Awards.
- By entering the Awards, you (“You”) are accepting these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Awards You must follow the instructions on ethnicityawards.com/nominate. You will be required to provide contact details and relevant evidence to support Your nomination (where applicable), which may include details concerning the nominee’s activities and why You believe they/it should win an Award. If You have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Awards, please email the Ethnicity Awards at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ethnicity Awards” in the subject line.
- The Awards Nomination Process open at 00:01 on 25th March 2022 and close at 23:59 on 26th May 2022. Entries received outside of these dates will not be considered.
- You own the copyright to your Awards entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the Awards, You give SPM Group:
Permission for Your entry to be published on www.britishlgbtawards.com and You grant SPM Group a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish Your Awards entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Awards; and
The right to use Your name and for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of Your entry (internal contact purposes only).
- If You are contacted regarding the entry You submitted, You will be given the opportunity to update it.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Notice will be given in writing to nominees who make it to the Top 10. Nominees or a nominee representative must confirm receipt of entry into the Top 10 within seven working days. SPM Group reserves the right to withdraw a nomination from the Top 10 if no such response is received.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter of the Awards is SPM Group whose address is Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 9BQ. Any complaints regarding the Awards should be sent to this address. The Promoter shall use and take care of any personal information You supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Awards, You agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of Your personal information in order to process and contact You about the Awards, similar events that may be of interest, or for the purposes outlined in paragraph 6 above.
- SPM Group accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Awards or accepting any prize. SPM Group further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Awards.
- SPM Group reserves the right to extend the Nomination Period in the event that the entries received are of insufficient quality or quantity. In addition, SPM Group reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of the SPM Group in all matters under its control is final and binding.